Wine poached salmon with tomato shallot sauce recipe
Wine-Poached Salmon with Tomato Shallot SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Salmon gets a little tipsy and tasty, cooking in a bath of wine and shallots.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 4 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (best wine you can afford)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Pat salmon fillets dry with paper towel. Sprinkle fillets with lemon zest, white pepper, and salt. Set on a plate.
2. Pour oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook shallots in hot oil for about 5 minutes to soften, then stir in garlic and capers. Cook for 1 more minute, then add wine. Set salmon in the skillet.
3. Put a lid on the skillet and turn heat down to low. Cook for about 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked through and flakes when prodded with a fork.
4. Stir in tomatoes and basil and replace lid; cook for 1 to 2 more minutes, until tomatoes are hot. Serve.
Reference: Wine poached salmon with tomato shallot sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 38 times, 1 visits today)