Pasta with butternut squash recipe
Pasta with Butternut Squash
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A buttery, savory and best of all simple way to make a butternut squash and pasta meal.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 1 (3 pound) butternut squash, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound pasta (bow-tie is a nice choice)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Toss squash with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl, then pour onto a baking pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, until softened and beginning to brown.
3. While the squash is roasting, bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook for about 12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain.
4. Combine butter and 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet and set over medium heat. When butter has melted and oil is hot, stir in shallots and sage. Saute for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the butter has browned.
5. Toss pasta with squash and sage butter in a large bowl. Serve.
Reference: Pasta with butternut squash recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.