Morning baked bluefish recipe
Morning Baked Bluefish recipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
- Three 3-pound bluefish, cleaned, leaving the heads and tails intact
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 2 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 ribs of celery, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups dry white wine
Sprinkle the bluefish inside and out with the salt and the pepper. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, onion, celery, dill, basil, and parsley. Spoon 3/4 of the stuffing into the fish, reshape the fish, pressing them closed, and arrange them cut sides down in a baking dish just large enough to hold them.
Arrange the remaining stuffing around the fish and pour the butter and the wine over the fish.
Bake the fish in the middle of a preheated 350-degree oven for 35 minutes or until they just flake. Transfer them carefully with spatulas to a platter and spoon the stuffing around them.Serves: 8 to 10
Reference: Morning baked bluefish recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)