White turkey chili with banana peppers recipe
White Turkey Chili with Banana Peppers
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This chili uses banana peppers and a hearty mixture of spices that combine to make a wonderful flavor. Party guests love it, and it’s great as a leftover. I like to make a big batch and freeze the leftovers in serving-size containers; reheated, it makes a for a tasty and easy lunch!
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1.2 pounds ground lean turkey
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14.5) ounce cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 banana peppers, chopped, with some seeds left in
- 1/2 teaspoon (1 clove) garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 red, ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can (15.5 ounce) white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- Optional–shredded cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. In large pot (8 quart), cook turkey and onion in olive oil until turkey is browned (about 10 minutes). (If necessary, drain and return ingredients to pot.)
2. Add to the pot the chicken broth, banana peppers, garlic, green onions, chili powder, parsley flakes, paprika, mustard, oregano, cilantro, and cayenne pepper. Stir until spices are mixed evenly. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, and water to the pot. Stir until paste is mixed evenly. Simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Serve hot with your favorite shredded cheese on top.
Reference: White turkey chili with banana peppers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.