Turkey potato chili for the slow cooker recipe
Turkey Potato Chili for the Slow Cooker
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Call this chili improved. Start with a can of no-bean chili, then add meat, beans, extra flavor from spices and veggies–you’ve turned than can of chili from a benchwarmer to an all-star. Inspired by Nicky G.’s “Nick’s Sloppy Chompin’ 57 Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 15 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 clove fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with no beans
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until turkey is browned, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess liquid, then transfer to 6-quart slow cooker.
2. Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker, stir well to combine, and cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.Tip
To thicken the chili, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Reference: Turkey potato chili for the slow cooker recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.