Wesley’s pesto pasta salad recipe
Wesley’s Pesto Pasta SaladThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing Wesley's pesto pasta salad recipe, a delightful and refreshing dish that combines the vibrant flavors of pesto with the satisfying texture of pasta. This recipe is a perfect choice for those looking for a quick and easy meal that doesn't compromise on taste. The combination of fresh basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts creates a rich and creamy pesto sauce that perfectly coats the al dente pasta. Topped with cherry tomatoes and sliced olives, this pasta salad is a burst of flavors in every bite.
Keywords: pesto, pasta salad, refreshing, quick and easy, burst of flavors.
Wesley's pesto pasta salad recipe details
When asked what he wanted us to bring for his birthday potluck, he told us that he wanted a creamy pesto pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion and artichoke hearts. This is what I came up with, and it tastes fabulous!
Ready in: 40 mins
- 2 cups fresh basil, packed
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese, grated/packed
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound box of mini-rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 2 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, chopped/drained
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup non-pareil capers
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 4 ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano, grated, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Place basil, the 1/4 cup cheese, walnuts, and garlic in food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until finely chopped. Drizzle in olive oil until incorporated, season with salt and pepper, set aside.
2. Cook rotini in boiling salted water until tender, drain, and place in large mixing bowl.
3. Add the basil pesto and the remaining ingredients, mix well and refrigerate overnight for the best taste.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Wesley’s pesto pasta salad recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.