Two cheese stuffed mushrooms recipe
Two Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Easy but fancy stuffed mushrooms that combine the flavors of Swiss cheese and Parmesan.
Ready in: 40 mins
Makes: 24 bites
- 24 fresh mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup plus 6 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Pour oil into a small skillet and set over medium heat. Cook shallots and chopped mushroom stems in hot oil for about 6 minutes to soften, then add wine.
3. When wine comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and cook for about 10 minutes, until mushrooms soak up the wine. Turn off heat.
4. Add 1/4 cup Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, milk, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper into the skillet. Stuff mushroom caps with the mixture and set on the baking sheet.
5. Spritz the mushrooms with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for about 20 minutes, until mushrooms are softened and cooked through.
Reference: Two cheese stuffed mushrooms recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.