Golden pork medallions with mushrooms recipe
Golden Pork Medallions with MushroomsThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Worth making just for the fun of wielding a meat pounder, these tasty pork medallions cook up in just a few minutes. Then you surround them with a delicious mushroom sauce.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch rounds
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 6 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, marinating
1. Working in batches, place pork rounds on their sides between layers of parchment paper. Flatten with a rolling pin or meat pounder until they are 1/2-inch thick.
2. Combine oil, lemon juice, black pepper, garlic, and pork rounds in a large plastic resealable bag. Let the meat marinate for 30 minutes on the counter, then drain.
3. Place butter in a large skillet and set over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes to soften. Stir in mushrooms and cook for 2 more minutes, then pour onions and mushrooms onto a plate and cover with foil.
4. Cook pork slices in the skillet for 4 to 5 minutes, flipping midway through cooking time, until pork is cooked through and no longer pink. Set on a plate and cover with foil.
5. Pour sherry into the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes to reduce to 1 tablespoon. Add cooked onions and mushrooms to the sherry, along with salt and pepper to taste and the half-and-half. Warm through.
6. Serve pork with the sauce spooned over each helping.
Share this content!
Reference: Golden pork medallions with mushrooms recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)