Turkey chili hash brown casserole recipe
Turkey Chili Hash Brown Casserole
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Here’s a great way to start off your day–or cap it off, with a breakfast-like dinner.
Ready in: 1 hour 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (1 pound) can frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Prep: 40 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and coat an 8×11-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven. Cook the onion, chili powder, and cumin in the hot oil for 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste.
3. Add turkey to the skillet and cook for about 8 minutes, until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper, then add beans and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low for 20 minutes.
4. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. In a separate bowl, stir together potatoes and cheese. Then pour the mixture over the chili in the baking dish. Bake for 35 minutes.
Reference: Turkey chili hash brown casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.