Turkey chili cornbread pie recipe
Turkey Chili Cornbread Pie⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
A filling casserole served with turkey as a healthy twist.
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook bell pepper, onion, and celery in hot oil for about 5 minutes, then add ground turkey. Cook for 8 more minutes, until meat is cooked through.
3. Add can of chili, sugar, garlic powder, and chili powder to the skillet. Warm through, then add 3/4 cup cheese.
4. While chili is heating through, prepare the cornbread batter according to package directions. Spread half in bottom of prepared baking dish.
5. Pour chili mixture over the cornbread in the dish. Cover with remaining batter, sprinkle with cheese, and bake for about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then serve.
Check out this recipe book if you would like to cook something tasty AND healthy!
Tags: recipe, Turkey chili cornbread pie recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Turkey chili cornbread pie recipe Recipe type: xarchivexFind more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com