Harlequin cheesecake recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A black and white chocolate cheesecake with Harlequin decoration.
Ready in: 9 hours 25 mins
- For cookie crust:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5.25 oz Cookie Crumbs
- For filling:
- 3 1/2 ounces white chocolate chunks
- 3 1/2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Scant 1/4 cup heavy cream
- For icing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Scant 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Scant 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- For chocolate diamond decoration:
- 3oz couverture chocolate
- Scant 1/8 cup heavy cream
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 55 mins | Extra time: 8 hours, chilling
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Boil a pot of water (in a tea kettle is preferable).
2. Wrap outside of 9-inch springform pan in aluminum foil.
3. For filling: combine the melted butter and cookie crumbs in a bowl and press into the springform pan, thinly at the bottom and up the sides slightly.
4. In an electric mixer, cream the cheese and sugar together, approximately 3 minutes. While mixing, add one egg at a time. Allow about 20 seconds between each egg.
5. While mixing, next add vanilla and heavy cream. When blended, stop mixing. Fold in chocolate chunks
6. Pour filling into the springform pan. Leave at least 1/4″ space from top of pan.
7. Place pan into a larger tray. Put in pre-heated oven. Fill tray at least one inch with water from tea kettle.
8. Bake 45-55 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking! Around 45 min start keeping an eye on the cake. It should be set around the edges and slightly gelatinous in the middle. This means it is done.
9. When done, turn off the oven and open the oven door about two inches. Leave it this way for 1 hour. Afterwards, wrap the pan (leave the alumninum foil on) in saran wrap and refrigerate over night.
10. For decoration: while cake is baking and cooling, cut a diamond template in cardboard or paper. This may take some time.
11. When the cake has cooled (overnight), combine the heavy cream, sour cream, and confectioner’s sugar until smooth.
12. Remove the cake from the springform pan. If the cake is not perfectly level, level it with a sharp, warm knife.
13. Pour icing over the top of cake and spread smooth with an icing knife or spatula. Hold diamond template over wet icing, and sprinkle cocoa powder.
14. Melt the chocolate and heavy cream together in a double boiler. Temper and spread to less than 1/8″ sheet on cool marble. As it sets carve diamonds in the sheet.
15. After setting, cut out diamonds and trasnfer to the freezer until the cake has chilled.
16. Once the cake has been removed from the springform pan, press the frozen chocolate diamonds into the side.
17. Refrigerate again to set decorations. Serve.
Reference: Harlequin cheesecake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.