Chili dusted pork chops recipe
Chili Dusted Pork Chops
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
True manly pork chops with a dusting of chili powder, browned onions and just a touch of sugar from a maple syrup sauce.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (6 ounce) bone-in pork loin chops
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Pour 2 teaspoons oil into a skillet and set over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for about 10 minutes to brown, then stir in ginger and cook for another 2 minutes.
2. Season pork chops with chili powder, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Pour 1 teaspoon oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat; when oil is hot, add pork chops and cook for about 6 minutes, flipping midway to brown both sides.
3. Pour chicken broth and maple syrup into the skillet with the pork chops and add the browned onions. When chicken broth comes to a boil, turn heat down to low and put a lid on the skillet.
4. Cook for about 10 minutes, until pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees F. Transfer pork chops to a plate and continue cooking the sauce for another few minutes to reduce down to 1/2 cup. Serve with pork chops.
Reference: Chili dusted pork chops recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.