Tomato confit recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This is a nice recipe to use as an acid, or as a palate cleanser when serving richer dishes. Makes a great side dish.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 thinly sliced yellow onion
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces red wine vinegar
- 2/3 ounces fresh basil, divided in half
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces toasted pine nuts
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in hot oil until soft. Add the tomatoes, red wine vinegar, half of the basil, salt, and pepper. Saute until tomatoes are warmed through.
3. Transfer to a casserole and add the pine nuts.
4. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to brown.
5. Let cool and serve with a slotted spoon with the rest of the basil as a garnish.
Reference: Tomato confit recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.