Tim’s shrimp stuffed new york steak recipe
Tim’s Shrimp-Stuffed New York Steak
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Faster and less-expensive than other steak/seafood dishes! Shrimp and strip steaks are marinaded in succulent sauces, and then brought together under the broiler. Marinating times included.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
Makes: 4 steaks
FOR THE STEAK
- 4 6 oz. New York strip steaks (boneless)8 tb. soy sauce
- 4 t. olive oil
- 2 t. ketchup
- 1 tb. sugar
- 1 tb. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tb. dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 – 2 minced garlic clove(s)
- Dash coarsely ground pepper
- 24 small shrimp, raw
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 tbl. red pepper flakes (optional)
FOR THE SHRIMP
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15 mins | Extra time: 2 hours, marinating
1. To prepare the steaks: Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a 9 x 13 glass dish, mixing well. Score the steaks with a knife on both sides, and place in the marinade, covered, for at least 2 hours. Turn once, halfway through.
2. To prepare the shrimp: Clean shrimp thoroughly, removing shells, tails, legs and vein. Run under cold water a few times, then drain and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a bowl. Add the olive oil, basil leaves, and lemon juice and, if desired, the garlic and red pepper flakes. You can substitute garlic powder and tabasco, if desired. Toss in a bowl, cover, and marinate for at least one hour, tossing occasionally.
3. Finishing: Take the bowl of shrimp mixture and, using a sharp knife and fork, chop it finely right in the bowl. Then, cut pockets in the side of each steak — make a small hole on the side, but use the blade length to make the pocket bigger inside. The bigger the pocket, the better. Spoon the shrimp mixture into the pockets, leaving the liquid behind. Secure steak pockets with toothpicks. Broil, with steak surface about 2 inches from broiler, for about 7 minutes per side.
4. Serve with desired sides.
Reference: Tim’s shrimp stuffed new york steak recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.