Three cheese macaroni and cheese with chips and cornflakes topping recipe
Three-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese with Chips and Cornflakes ToppingThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis recipe for three cheese macaroni and cheese with chips and cornflakes topping is a delicious twist on the classic comfort food. The combination of three different cheeses creates a rich and creamy sauce that coats the tender macaroni perfectly. The addition of a crunchy topping made with crushed chips and cornflakes adds a delightful texture and flavor contrast. This dish is sure to be a hit with cheese lovers and those looking for a comforting and satisfying meal.
Keywords: macaroni and cheese, three cheese, chips, cornflakes, comfort food.
Three cheese macaroni and cheese with chips and cornflakes topping recipe details
A basic macaroni and cheese recipe breaks the finish line with a tasty potato chip and cornflake hat.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can petite-cut diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
3. Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan set over medium heat. Add flour and whisk, cooking in the melted butter for about 2 minutes. Then slowly pour in the milk and season with paprika and mustard. Bring to a boil.
4. Simmer the sauce for a few minutes to thicken, then add cheeses. Stir to melt and remove from heat.
5. Toss pasta with cheese sauce and add tomatoes. Pour into the baking dish, and sprinkle with potato chips and cornflakes. Melt remaining butter in the microwave and drizzle over the casserole.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Three cheese macaroni and cheese with chips and cornflakes topping recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 41 times, 1 visit(s) today