Thick mild turkey chili recipe
Thick, Mild Turkey Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
For a chili that won’t set tongues aflame, try this mild turkey version.
Ready in: 3 hours 30 mins
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 pounds coarsely ground turkey
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (optional)
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Put a small amount of olive oil in a large roasting pot. Chop onion and simmer until clear. Add turkey and cook until brown. After meat is brown completely, remove most but not all of the grease with a ladle.
2. Add chili powder, cumin and salt to meat and mix in completely. Then add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and beef broth. Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hours.
3. Then add two cans of beans and cook another 30 minutes. At this point, you can adjust the consistency by adding more beef broth if desired.
Reference: Thick mild turkey chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 17 times, 1 visits today)