Heart healthy salmon cakes recipe
Heart Healthy Salmon CakesThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the heart-healthy salmon cakes recipe, a delightful dish packed with nutritious ingredients. These flavorful cakes are made with fresh salmon fillets, ensuring a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids for cardiovascular health. With a crispy exterior and tender interior, these salmon cakes are easy to prepare and perfect for any meal. Whether enjoyed as an appetizer or main course, this recipe offers a delicious way to incorporate heart-healthy ingredients into your diet.
Keywords: heart-healthy, salmon cakes, omega-3 fatty acids, nutritious, delicious.
Heart healthy salmon cakes recipe details
You don’t have to labor for hours to prepare this healthy& good tasting meal. Using canned or fresh cooked salmon along with everyday kitchen ingredients, you can create a quick and healthy dish without knowing it.
Ready in: 22 mins
- 1 can (15 ounce) salmon (do not drain)
- 2 egg whites or egg substitute
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finley chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon McCormick(R) ‘Grill Mates’ Salmon Seasoning
- 1/2 – 2/3 cups seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 12 mins
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2. Drain salmon but reserve 1/2 cup of liquid. Flake salmon and remove any bones visible.
3. In a large bowl mix reserved liquid, egg whites, onion, garlic, and salmon seasoning. Gently fold in the salmon and 1/2 cup of bread crumbs. You may have to add some of the remaining bread crumbs if mixture is too sticky, but don’t overdue it as the bread crumbs will make the patties dry when cooked.
4. Shape into into 8 patties 1/2 inch thick (two patties per serving).
5. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray, place patties on sheet.
6. Bake 6 minutes, gently turn over and bake another 6 minutes.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Heart healthy salmon cakes recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.