The new classic italian pizza recipe
The New Classic Italian PizzaThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This pizza is a modified version of the first pizzas created in Italy. The only difference is this pizza includes spices, in which the the true Italian pizzas contained only dough, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese. This recipe will make more than enough sauce for your pizza. So you can store the rest of the sauce for another time.
Ready in: 30 mins
FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup white wine (chardonay)
- 28 ounces fire roasted tomatoes (diced)
- 8 ounces tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley FOR THE PIZZA
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs and spices mix, or to taste
- pizza dough (enough for an 18 inches pizza)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 11 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/8 cup fresh Italian parsley (finely chopped)
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Heat a large saute pan to medium temperature and add in the tablespoon of EVOO.
2. Finely chop your onion and add in the pan.
3. Next slice your 6 cloves or garlic and add to the pan after the onions have started to cook. Stir and saute until the onions turn golden brown and the sizzle noise dies down. Once that happens add the 1/4 cup of Chardonnay and let it marinate for about a minute. Next add in the fire roasted tomatoes, paste and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. FOR THE PIZZA: Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Add the Italian herbs and spices to the pizza pan so the bottom of the crust can season.
5. Toss the dough until its nice and thin. Next put the crust on the pan, add a little EVOO and season the top of it with the spices.
6. Spread the sauce on the crust (less is more). Next arrange the slices of mozzarella around the pizza like a pinwheel with one slice in the middle. Garnish the pizza with 1/16 cup of Italian parsley.
7. bake the pizza on the middle rack of the preheated oven until the mozzarella is melted and crisp, but not burnt, about 15 minutes.
8. once done, take take the pizza out, garnish with the rest of the parsley for looks to go with the flavor, and enjoy!
Share this content!
Reference: The new classic italian pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.