Pizza treats recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
This quick and easy recipe passed down to me from family. Easy to make delicious pizza treats.
Ready in: 55 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1/2 pound Velveeta(R) cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package cocktail rye bread (small squares)
- Large brick of mozzarella cheese
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 30 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Cook, then drain the ground beef and the pork sausage. Place beef and sausage into a cooking pot on the stove.
3. Cut up the Velveeta cheese into manageable pieces. Add the Worcestershire sauce and the Velveeta cheese to the pot with the meat in it. Heat this mixture on medium to medium low until the cheese is melted into the mixture. Turn off stove and let stand.
4. Spread out the cocktail rye squares on a cookie sheet or similar. This may require more than one cookie sheet.
5. Bake the cocktail rye squares for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
6. Cut the mozzarella cheese into squares about the same size as the cocktail rye squares.
7. Spoon meat and cheese mixture onto individual cocktail rye squares. Place one mozzarella square onto each piece on the cookie sheets.
8. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is melted and just starting to brown. Remove from oven, let stand for 5 minutes and enjoy.
Tags: recipe, Pizza treats recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Pizza treats recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com