Thai basil chicken
Recipe for thai basil chicken
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
400g chicken breast, minced
15 chili padi
3 kaffir lime leaves, very finely slivered
4 stalks Thai basil, soaked for 10 minutes to soften
Juice from 1 kaffir lime
2-3 tbsp cooking oil
10 cloves garlics, finely chopped
2-3 shallots, thinly sliced
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp black soy sauce
Pepper to taste
- Prepare all ingredients as instructed.
- Heat a wok until it is smoking hot. Add oil. Fry garlic and shallots until fragrant.
- Add minced chicken breast and fry until it is almost cooked. Toss in chili padi, lime leaves and Thai basil. Continue to fry for 2-3 minutes until basil is wilted and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Add in lemon juice and all the seasoning. You can vary the amount of seasoning accordingly to personal preference.
- Transfer to a dish and serve with white rice.
Reference: Thai basil chicken
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)