Swordfish and caponata sandwiches recipe
Swordfish And Caponata Sandwiches RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Swordfish steak, halved (1 about 10 to 11 ounce, ¾ inch thick)
2. chopped fresh rosemary (2tsp)
3. fresh lemon juice (2tsp)
4. olive oil (2tbsp)
5. caponata, eggplant relish from can or jar (3/4c)
6. French rolls, split horizontally (2 about 6 inch)
7. thin lemon slices (4)
8. arugula (1 small bunch)
9. salt and pepper (to taste)
Method of preparation
1. First heat the broiler. Take a glass pie dish, add rosemary (1tsp), lemon juice and olive oil in it and mix them well. Dust salt and pepper over the swordfish.
2. Place fish to marinade and turn its sides to coat properly and keep it aside for about 10 minutes. Then mix the rest of the rosemary into the caponata.
3. Now place the fish in the pan of broiler and then broil it for about 2 minutes on each side until it gets opaque. Take a sheet of foil, place fish on it. Now apply the reserved marinade over the lemon slices and then broil them for about 1 minute on each side until they get charred.
4. Then broil the cut side of French rolls for about 30 seconds until they get toasted. Now take serving plates, place the broiled rolls on the bottom of the plates with cut side up and spread caponata over the rolls and then place swordfish, arugula and lemon slices over it. Cover it with roll tops and then serve it.
Number of servings – 2
Reference: Swordfish and caponata sandwiches recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.