Sweet and spicy chicken curry recipe
Sweet And Spicy Chicken Curry RecipeThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown. Ingredients
1. Chicken legs, split into legs and thighs (4whole)
2. vegetable oil (1/2c +1tbsp)
3. water (1tbsp)
4. shallots, coarsely chopped (3) + thinly sliced (4med. Shallots)
5. coarsely chopped garlic cloves (3)
6. fresh lemon stalks, tender inner white bulbs only, thinly sliced (2stalks)
7. dried red chilies, seeded (5 small)
8. fresh long red chilies like Holland, seeded and coarsely chopped (8)
9. freshly ground pepper (as per taste)
10. fresh lemon juice (2tbsp)
11. unsweetened coconut milk (1can about 14 ounces)
12. Kosher salt (according to taste)
Method of preparation
1. Take a food processor, add coarsely chopped shallots, garlic, lemon grass, fresh and dried red chilies and water in it and then process them to make fine paste.
2. Take a large deep frying pan, place it over heat. Heat 3 tablespoon of oil in it. Take chicken, sprinkle salt over it and cook it in pan for about 10 minutes by turning its sides once. Cook it over moderately high heat until it gets brown and then place it in a plate.
3. Now turn the heat to moderate and add the Chile paste in it. Cook it for about 7 minutes by stirring regularly until the paste gets brown in color. Mix coconut milk in it and place the chicken again in the pan.
4. Cover the pan partially and keep it to simmer for about 25 minutes over moderately low heat until the chicken gets cooked and gravy gets thickened.
5. Take a frying pan of medium size, place it over moderate heat. Heat the rest of vegetable oil in it and fry the sliced shallots in it for about 10 minutes until they get golden brown and then drain them on paper towels.
6. Place the cooked chicken in a plate. Add lemon juice to the sauce and mix salt and pepper in it. Then spread the sauce over the chicken and then sprinkle the shallots over it and serve it.
Reference: Sweet and spicy chicken curry recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.