Sweet and sour venison meatballs recipe
Sweet And Sour Venison MeatballsThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Ready in: 2 hours 35 mins
- For Meatballs:
- 2 pounds ground venison (or beef)
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For Sauce:
- 1 quart tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can chunked pineapple with juice
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- Hot sauce, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation methodPrep: 20 mins | Cook: 2 hours 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Combine all meatball ingredients in large mixing bowl. Create walnut-sized balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 14 minutes.
3. While meatballs are baking, combine all sauce ingredients in large saucepan and bring to a low simmer. Add meatballs and let simmer for 2 hours or remove from heat and refrigerate overnight, then reheat to serve.
Reference: Sweet and sour venison meatballs recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 34 times, 1 visits today)