Grilled venison steaks with hearty veggies recipe
Grilled Venison Steaks with Hearty VeggiesThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
A full meal of deer meat and autumn veggies. The veggies cook in a skillet, while you grill up the venison steaks.
Ready in: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/4 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 (1-inch thick) venison steaks
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat grill to Medium and lightly oil grate.
2. While grill is preheating, heat oil in a skillet. Cook shallots, squash, and celery in hot oil for 5 minutes. Then add bay leaf, stock, and 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
3. Place venison steaks on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side while vegetables are simmering. When you flip the steaks, coat each with remaining Worcestershire sauce.
4. Add chickpeas and smoked paprika to the skillet with the vegetables, then serve steaks with the vegetable bean mixture.
Reference: Grilled venison steaks with hearty veggies recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)