Gerimonte spaghetti fest recipe
Gerimonte Spaghetti FestThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This recipe was given to us in 1965 by a friend from Italy who’s had it in their family for over 85 years. The Gerimonte family used to cook this for benefit dinners – called the (Gerimonte Spaghetti Fest). Follow this recipe to the last ingredient and you will be handing this down for many generations to come.
Ready in: 8 hours 30 mins
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 large red onions, minced
- 3 28oz. cans whole tomatoes
- 2 12oz. cans tomato paste
- 1 rounded Tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 6 fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 6oz can of chopped olives
- 2 cups chopped or sliced mushrooms
- 2lbs lean ground beef
- 1lb ground pork steak
- 2 cups ground bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon (measure exactly)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. Sauce: Melt butter in large pot and add onions. Cook until onions are transparent (not brown).
2. Add remainder of sauce ingredients to pot. Simmer gently 6 to 8 hours, add a bit of water if it cooks down to much.
3. Meatballs: Mix meatballs ingredients together and mold into walnut-sized balls. Add to sauce about 45 minutes before end of sauce cooking time.
4. Cook spaghetti per package directions. Drain cooked spaghetti + add a few spoons of sauce so it won’t stick together. Serve!Cook Information Cleanup:
CookTime: 6-8 hours | PrepTime: 30-40 min. | TotalTime: 8-9 hoursCook Information Cleanup:
CookTime: 6-8 hours | PrepTime: 30-40 min. | TotalTime: 8-9 hours
Reference: Gerimonte spaghetti fest recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)