Surf and turf indonesian fried rice recipe
Surf and Turf Indonesian Fried Rice
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Beef and prawns star in this Asian rice recipe. This recipe has lots of steps but the incredible Asian flavor at the end will be worth it.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 pound rump steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 pound peeled raw prawns
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeno chile, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 5 cups cold cooked long-grain rice
- Chili sauce
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 30 mins, marinating
1. Combine sesame oil, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a large plastic resealable bag. Add beef, seal bag, and turn to coat. Refrigerate to marinate for 30 minutes (overnight, if you can). Drain.
2. Meanwhile, pour 2 teaspoons vegetable oil into a small skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs, green onions, cilantro, and a sprinkle of pepper in the hot oil without stirring, omelet-style, until set. Remove from skillet and chop into bite-size pieces; cover to keep warm.
3. Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a large skillet and place over very high heat. Cook marinated beef in hot oil until no longer pink in the middle, about 1 minute. Remove beef from skillet.
4. Pour the rest of the oil into the hot skillet. Cook prawns, garlic, chile, and ginger in hot oil for about 2 minutes, until prawns are pink, then add carrots, peas, and cooked rice. Cook for 1 more minute.
5. Return beef and egg to the skillet, add the rest of the soy sauce, and cook for 2 more minutes to heat through. Serve with chili sauce if desired.
Tags: recipe, Surf and turf indonesian fried rice recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Surf and turf indonesian fried rice recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com