Stuffed crust mexican pizza recipe
Stuffed Crust Mexican PizzaThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Pizza where no single bite is cheeseless. Long a dream of mankind, now it is possible with stuffed crust pizza.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 1 pound bread dough, at room temperature
- 4 (1-ounce) string cheeses, cut in half lengthwise
- 2/3 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (see footnote)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 14-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle a little flour on a clean working surface and turn dough out onto the flour. Roll out into a 15-inch circle, then slide onto prepared pizza pan. (Edges will hang off pan.)
3. Arrange string cheese pieces in a circle around the outside of the dough circle, then fold the edges of the dough over the cheese and pinch to close.
4. Use a fork to puncture the dough center a few times. Bake for 5 minutes, then remove from oven.
5. Pour oil into a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook onion in hot oil for about 5 minutes, until soft; add chicken, and season with green chiles and taco seasoning. Stir and cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Brush each crust with enchilada sauce, then distribute mozzarella over the sauce. Top with chicken, then sprinkle with Colby Jack.
7. Return pizza to oven for about 20 more minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is browned.To quickly cook chicken:
For 2 cups cubed cooked chicken, in medium saucepan over medium heat, in 5 cups boiling water, cook 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
Reference: Stuffed crust mexican pizza recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 43 times, 1 visits today)