Stuffed burgers recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
I make these in my station for the other firefighters. When I cook I use estimates, no really exact measures, so mostly everything is to taste. But everyone in my firehouse loves these.
Ready in: 45 mins
- 4 pounds 80-percent lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons A-1(R) steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Preheat a grill for medium high heat.
2. Take all ingredients (except cheese) and place in large mixing bowl and mix completely. If you need more bread crumbs add them now, or if the mixture is too dry, add more of the sauces.
3. Cut the mozzarella cheese into small chunks, about 1/2 inch thick, 1 inch square.
4. Roll into 20-24 large meatballs, then take two dinner plates, place a meatball between them, and flatten the meatballs into patties.
5. Place a piece of the cheese in the center of half of the patties, then cover with another patty.
6. Press the edges of the two patties together so the cheese is sealed in.
7. Place patties on preheated grill and cook until no longer pink in the center and cheese is melted.
Reference: Stuffed burgers recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.