Strawberry shortcake muffins
Strawberry Shortcake Muffins recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
- In a large bowl combine:
- 5 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, chopped
- Be SUREstrawberries areFROZEN!Mix in just until coated.>
- In a separate large bowl mix:
- 2-1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
Pour wet ingredients into dry. Mix quickly, just until the flour disappears. DO NOT OVER MIX!!! Spray muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray. Fill each muffin tin hole 3/4 full with batter. Top each muffin with about 1/4 teaspoon of sugar. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Reference: Strawberry shortcake muffins
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.