Spring hill ranch terciopelo jalape o recipe
Spring Hill Ranch Terciopelo JalapeñoThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the mouthwatering Spring Hill Ranch Terciopelo Jalape�o recipe! This delightful dish combines the bold flavors of ranch seasoning with the fiery kick of jalape�os, creating a tantalizing blend of tastes that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Perfect for parties or as a zesty appetizer, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare, ensuring a crowd-pleasing dish in no time. Get ready to enjoy a burst of flavor with every bite as you savor the combination of creamy ranch, spicy jalape�os, and a hint of tanginess.
Keywords: Spring Hill Ranch, Terciopelo Jalape�o, recipe, ranch seasoning, appetizer.
spring hill ranch terciopelo jalape o recipe details
You no doubt have heard of New Mexico green chile and red chile sauces, but did you know there was third sauce, a white sauce? Well, there is, and it is called “Jalapeño Velvet”. It is a traditional sauce that sadly is not found in many restaurants anymore. Personally, it is one of my three favorite New Mexico suaces!
Ready in: 20 mins
IngredientsMakes: 3 and 1/2 cups
- 2 cups heavy (whipping) cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon low salt chicken base
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (or juice from bottle jalapeños)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño (bottled may be used)
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 ounce sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. In a heavy saucepan over high heat, heat the heavy cream until it is just ready to boil. Stir in the sour cream. Once the sour cream dissolves, reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the chicken base and jalapeño juice and bring the pot to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, make a roux by warming the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, adding the flour, and mixing with a wire whisk until the mixture is smooth and pale golden.
3. Add the roux to the simmering cream mixture, whisking to prevent lumps from forming until the roux is completely incorporated. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the minced jalapeño and the cheeses.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Spring hill ranch terciopelo jalape o recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.