Spicy caribbean tailgate pockets recipe
Spicy Caribbean Tailgate Pockets
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
These easy to put together tailgate pockets are a spicy treat to enjoy before cheering your favorite team on to victory.
Ready in: 1 hour 5 mins
- 1 package McCormick(R) Grill Mates(R) Spicy Caribbean Marinade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pineapple or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 pound kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 medium onion, cut into bite-size strips
- 4 18-inch square sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 package pita bread or burrito-style flour tortillas
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Blend first five ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
2. Divide sausage, pepper and onion into center of foil squares. Create a packet by bringing up foil sides over 4 times. Then, fold one end 4 times (leaving one end open). Repeat to make 4 packets. Pour an even amount of marinade into opening of each packet. Seal packet by folding remaining end 4 times. Shake packets to coat mixture.
3. Place packets on preheated grill for 45 minutes, turning halfway through cooking time.
4. Remove packets from grill. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Cool 2-3 minutes. Serve meat and vegetable mixture in pitas or tortillas.
Reference: Spicy caribbean tailgate pockets recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.