Southwestern alfredo ‘light’
Southwestern Alfredo ‘Light’
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped or 1/2 regular tomato
- 2 Tablespoons basil
- 1 Tablespoon Bacosimitation bacon bits
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free half & half (I use Land-o-Lakes)
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
Saute chicken in olive oil. Turn and add garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and mushrooms. When mushrooms begin to darken, add basil, bacon bits, tomato sauce and cheese. Heat on low for 15 minutes. Add half & half and pour over penne pasta.
Variations: Shrimp, shrimp and chicken, chopped onion, green peppers, shallots, or scallions. Be adventurous!
Tags: recipe, Southwestern alfredo ‘light’, cooking, diy