Chicken a la king casserole recipe
Chicken A La King CasseroleThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introIntroducing the Chicken a la King Casserole recipe, a delightful dish that brings together tender chicken, a creamy sauce, and an array of colorful vegetables. This hearty casserole is perfect for a cozy family dinner or for entertaining guests. With its rich flavors and comforting textures, it's sure to become a favorite in your kitchen. Whether you're looking for a new way to enjoy chicken or simply craving a satisfying meal, this recipe is a must-try.
Keywords: chicken, casserole, creamy sauce, vegetables, comfort food.
Chicken a la king casserole recipe details
My mom always served chicken a la king in patty shells. It was always a favorite of mine, but we grew up calling it “chicken slop”. My wife refused to eat anything called “slop”, so I found a way to turn it into a casserole!!
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4″ cubes
- 1 1/2 cups julienne cut carrots
- 9 oz. box frozen cut green beans
- 1 med. red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 10 1/2 oz. can condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese TOPPING
- 1 can (8 ct.) crescent dinner rolls (keep cold until ready for use.)
- 1 egg, beaten
- grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation methodPrep: 35 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large skillet, melt 3 Tbsp. butter over medium high heat. Add chicken cubes; cook and stir 5 minutes.
3. Add carrots, green beans, and red bell pepper. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and veggies become tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Add flour, seasoning, salt, and pepper to skillet. Stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Spoon into 3 quart casserole dish.
5. Separate crescent rolls into 8 triangles. Loosely roll short side of triangle 1/3 way up. Arrange 4 crescent rolls per side over hot chicken mixture. Don’t overlap. Brush crescent rolls with beaten egg and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Chicken a la king casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.