Smoked turkey recipe
Smoked TurkeyThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Smoked turkey for when you don’t have a lot of time, say, like 6 hours or more.
Ready in: 3 hours 30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups cooking oil
- 1 1/2 cups of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup salt (optional)
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 ounces liquid hot pepper sauce (if you want a little kick to the taste)
- 1 (12 to 15 pound) turkey, thawed and cut in half
Preparation methodPrep: 30 mins | Cook: 3 hours
1. Preheat the smoker or grill for 30 minutes with briquets and hickory chips, according to manufacturer’s direction. While the smoker heats, prepare the basting sauce. Combine oil, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, pepper, honey and hot sauce in a saucepan. Bring to a rapid boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Place the turkey in the smoker or the grill and baste with sauce every 15 to 20 minutes. Smoke the bird until the internal temperature, measured at the thickest part, reaches 160 degrees F, 2 to 3 hours.
Reference: Smoked turkey recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 15 times, 1 visits today)