Smoked salmon cheese cake recipe
Smoked Salmon Cheese Cake
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Great as an appetizer, serve this cheesecake with crackers.
Ready in: 1 hour 45 mins
- 1 small onion
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 10 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 cup dry fine bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- to taste salt
- 1 teaspoon dry dill
- 1/3 cup light cream
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 1 hour 15 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon butter, and dried dill in a bowl and mix. In a spring form pan press down mixture and bake for 5-7 minutes until brown.
3. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Melt butter in a pan and saute onion till brown. Set aside to cool. Beat cream cheese, eggs, cream and salt in a bowl until creamy. Chop salmon into course chunks and mix with Swiss cheese and onions. Beat this mixture in with cream cheese mixture.
5. Pour over cooked bread crumb base in the spring form pan. Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 75 minutes. Turn off heat and open oven slightly and let cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let rest in refrigerator for at least 2 hrs before removing from pan. Serve at room temperature with crackers.
Reference: Smoked salmon cheese cake recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.