Smoked paprika perfect bbq sauce recipe
Smoked Paprika Perfect BBQ SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
The perfect sauce for burgers, brushing on chicken, or, hell, just eating by the spoonful. Smoky, spicy, and sweet.
Ready in: 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (zest)
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed orange juice
Preparation methodPrep: 5 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the garlic and onion into the hot oil and saute for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Add the tomato paste and paprika to the onions. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes, then add broth, sugar, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, orange zest, and orange juice.
3. Bring the sauce to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low and simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken.
Reference: Smoked paprika perfect bbq sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 26 times, 1 visits today)