Slow cooker turkey and bean chili recipe
Slow Cooker Turkey and Bean Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
Corn, beans and turkey take a starring role in this simple chili. Your work is pretty much done after 10 minutes with a saute pan. The slow cooker takes it from there.
Ready in: 5 hours 10 mins
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 red green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 3/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 5 hours
1. Grab a nonstick skillet, put over medium heat, and add the turkey, bell pepper, and onion. Cook until the turkey is completely browned, about 10 minutes. Pour the mixture into your slow cooker.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to your slow cooker, stir to combine, and cook on Low for 5 hours. Serve.
Reference: Slow cooker turkey and bean chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.