Slow cooker trailer trash chili recipe
Slow Cooker Trailer Trash ChiliThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Save a cup of today’s coffee as part of the ingredients for tomorrow’s chili. Coffee is just one of a team of spice that make this meaty chili so good. Inspired by jon cline from vegas’ “AAA Jonny’s Trailer Trash Chili.”
Ready in: 1 day 4 hours
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups corn masa flour
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2-3 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup day old coffee
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 pound smoked sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
Preparation methodPrep: 20 hours | Cook: 8 hours
1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground pork with onions and red bell pepper. Add just a little salt. Drain off fat.
2. Mix masa flour, oregano, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper into the cold water and day old coffee; mix well until there are no lumps. Add tomato juice, tomato sauce and chili beans; bring to boil. Now add the smoked sausage, brown sugar and cover, reduce heat to a simmer for 4 hours, stir often.
3. Transfer mixture to slow cooker; add smoked sausage and brown sugar, then cover. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
4. Add more masa flour according to your desired thickness after the stew has simmered for 8 hours.Alternate Method
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
Reference: Slow cooker trailer trash chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)