Slow cooker pueblo chili recipe
Slow Cooker Pueblo Chili
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A basic chili that depends on your green chiles. You can roast them yourself for extra smoky flavor. The canned kind works out pretty well, too. Inspired by Johnny V.’s “Pueblo Chili.”
Ready in: 8 hours 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound pork, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 to 12 roasted green chiles, chopped (or 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chiles)
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 8 hours | Extra time: 5 mins
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat, then cook the pork in the hot oil until browned, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and onion and continue cooking until onions are translucent, about 10 more minutes.
2. Drain off fat and transfer pork/veggies mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.Tip
To thicken the chili, combine 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of cold water in a small bowl. Slowly stir cornstarch mixture into stew with slow cooker set to HIGH, then repeat until desired thickness is reached.
Tags: recipe, Slow cooker pueblo chili recipe, diy, how to cook, prepare Slow cooker pueblo chili recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com