Slow cooker beef with sweet tomato sauce recipe
Slow Cooker Beef with Sweet Tomato SauceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis slow cooker beef with sweet tomato sauce recipe is perfect for those looking for a hearty and flavorful meal that requires minimal effort. The tender beef is cooked low and slow in a rich, sweet tomato sauce, resulting in melt-in-your-mouth goodness. With just a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker, you can have a satisfying and delicious meal ready to enjoy.
Keywords: slow cooker, beef, sweet tomato sauce, recipe, flavorful.
slow cooker beef with sweet tomato sauce recipe details
Sure, you can just toss a roast in the slow cooker and get tasty meat. But take the time to add this incredible blend of spices, and you’ll have something approaching a masterpiece. Best of all, this easy slow cooker recipe is doable for beginning cooks as well.
Ready in: 8 hours 10 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (3 pound) beef roast, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies
- 9 garlic cloves, peeled but whole
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 8 hours
1. In a mixing bowl, stir canola oil together with cocoa, chili powder, oregano, salt, pepper, cumin, cloves, and cinnamon. Toss beef with the mixture.
2. Place chopped onion in a 4-quart slow cooker and set the beef cubes on top. Pour tomatoes and can juices over the beef, add vinegar, gingersnaps, and garlic, and cover.
3. Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. The beef will become very tender. Add sugar and stir. Serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Slow cooker beef with sweet tomato sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.