Fabulous lasagna recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
This recipe, adapted to use the traditional flavors of Classico® Pasta Sauce, was originally submitted by Allrecipes home cook CHEFSTACIE
Ready in: 1 hour
- 1 pound Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (24 ounce) jar Classico® Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage until brown and the juices run clear. Drain and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, basil, thyme, garlic powder, oregano and half the shredded mozzarella. Mix well, and set aside.
4. Coat the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with a little of the spaghetti sauce. Place three noodles in the bottom of the pan, not touching. Spread a layer of the ricotta mixture, a layer of sausage, and a layer of pasta sauce over the noodles. Repeat three more times. Top with the reserved mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover with foil.
5. Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, remove foil and bake 15 minutes more, until golden and bubbly.
Reference: Fabulous lasagna recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.