Slow cooker apple fied sausage stew recipe
Slow Cooker Apple-Fied Sausage StewThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Fresh sausage and veggies simmer all day in apple juice. You don’t need to be a psychic to see how good this stew is going to be.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 1/2 pound fresh kielbasa sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups cooked pasta
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Place sausage slices in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook for about 10 minutes until no longer pink inside. Remove from pan and place in slow cooker, leaving only 2 tablespoons fat in the skillet.
2. Cook onion and pepper in sausage fat for about 5 minutes, then drain of most excess fat and transfer to slow cooker with the sausage. Add remaining ingredients except pasta.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Add pasta, stir well, and cook for another 30 minutes. Alternate Method
Cook stew for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
Reference: Slow cooker apple fied sausage stew recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 18 times, 1 visits today)