Skillet to oven chicken curry casserole recipe
Skillet to Oven Chicken Curry CasseroleThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introThis Skillet to Oven Chicken Curry Casserole recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that will satisfy your cravings for a flavorful and comforting meal. With just a few simple ingredients and a skillet, you can create a hearty casserole that combines the aromatic flavors of curry with tender chicken. The recipe can be easily adapted to suit your taste preferences, making it a versatile option for any occasion. Whether you're cooking for yourself or hosting a dinner party, this chicken curry casserole is sure to impress.
Keywords: skillet, oven, chicken, curry, casserole.
skillet to oven chicken curry casserole recipe details
A spicy curry meal topped with mashed potatoes. Hot and hearty for dinner.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes, dressed with butter and milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Preparation methodPrep: 25 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes, until onions are nearly translucent. Stir in peas, carrots, and the rest of the butter. Continue to cook and stir over medium heat for 2 or 3 minutes.
3. In small bowl, whisk together the flour and curry powder. Sprinkle mixture over vegetables in skillet and stir to combine. Slowly pour in the chicken broth and milk, stirring. Bring the curry to a boil and simmer for 1 minute to thicken.
4. Stir in chicken cubes and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into prepared baking dish and, using a spatula, spread the mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole. Garnish casserole with paprika for color.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.Potatoes and chicken curry should be hot.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Skillet to oven chicken curry casserole recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 39 times, 1 visit(s) today