Skillet t bone steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Skillet T-Bone Steak with Spicy Coffee RubThis article was published by: Matthew
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Every bite of this tender, tasty steak fills your senses with the flavor of chili powder and coffee. What could be better?
Ready in: 25 mins
IngredientsMakes: 1 steak
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground, dark-roast coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (1-1/4-inch thick) T-Bone steak (or more), at room temperature
Preparation methodPrep: 10 mins | Cook: 10 mins | Extra time: 5 mins, resting
1. Set a cast-iron skillet in the oven and preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, stir steak seasoning, chili powder, and coffee together. Rub the steak with oil, then with the spices.
3. Remove cast-iron skillet from oven and set over high heat on the stove. Lay the steak down in the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side to brown.
4. Place skillet with steak back into the oven. Bake for about 6 minutes, until steak reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140 degrees F (for medium-rare).
5. Remove skillet from oven and transfer steak onto a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb into the steak. Serve.
Reference: Skillet t bone steak with spicy coffee rub recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
(Visited 33 times, 1 visits today)