Simple bbq style pork cutlets in a skillet recipe
Simple BBQ-Style Pork Cutlets in a Skillet
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
A meaty main course that cooks in a hurry. These thin cutlets get in and out of the pan fast–but not before getting a splash of Tabasco(R).
Ready in: 30 mins
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut across into 8 thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco(R) sauce
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Place 2 slices of pork between layers of parchment paper and, using a rolling pin or flat meat mallet, gently hit the meat until it’s thinner but hasn’t fallen apart. Sprinkle with pepper and repeat with remaining slices of pork.
2. In a saucepan, stir together tomatoes, apple juice, sugar, vinegar, and Tabasco(R) sauce. Cook over medium heat and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. Heat cast-iron griddle pan on high heat. Place the pork slices onto the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until pork is no longer pink in the middle.
4. Serve meat with sauce spooned over the top.
Reference: Simple bbq style pork cutlets in a skillet recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.