Sidekicks mexican rice recipe
Sidekicks Mexican RiceThis article was published by: Matthew
Share this content!
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image may be generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
Recipe introLooking to add some Mexican flair to your dinner table? Look no further than the Sidekicks Mexican Rice recipe. This easy-to-follow recipe will guide you through creating a delicious and authentic Mexican rice dish that pairs perfectly with any main course. With a blend of spices, vegetables, and rice, this flavorful side dish is sure to be a hit. Whether you're hosting a Mexican-themed dinner party or simply want to spice up your weeknight meals, this recipe is a must-try.
Keywords: Sidekicks, Mexican rice, recipe, flavorful, easy-to-follow
sidekicks mexican rice recipe details
I serve this with Cindy’s Enchiladas.
Ready in: 50 mins
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken stock-divided
- 1 large onion, rough chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, rough chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomato’s, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Preparation methodPrep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins | Extra time: 10 mins, setting
1. In a large Dutch oven, or a 14-16-inch cast iron skillet, heat the oil to smoke stage and add the rice, stir and cook until nutty brown.
2. While rice is cooking add the cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to 1 cup of the stock. Mix and set aside.
3. When the rice reaches the brown stage, remix the spices and pour over the rice, add the onion, and bell pepper.
4. Add the tomatos, and the remaining stock. You should have enough liquid to cover the rice, if not add water to cover. Cover pan and bring to a rapid boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, do not stir. Watch the rice and if it absorbs the liquid before it is done add just enough water to finish rice.
5. Remove from heat and let rice rest, covered for 10 minutes to absorb all of the liquid. Stir with a fork and serve.
Share this content!
As seen in:
Reference: Sidekicks mexican rice recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.
Visited 51 times, 1 visit(s) today