Shrimp scampi french bread pizzas recipe
Shrimp Scampi French Bread Pizzas
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Bite into this flavorful pizza top with a cheesy shrimp and garlic mixture and find yourself in pizza nirvana.
Ready in: 35 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cloves garlic, 8 crushed and 4 minced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped fresh parsley (1 bunch)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 baguette, cut in half lengthwise, then each half cut into 4 shorter pieces
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Pour olive oil into a skillet and set over medium-low heat. Add the 8 crushed garlic cloves; cook for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove the garlic and set in a food processor. Keep the oil in the skillet.
2. Pulse parsley and cooked garlic together in the food processor. Pour 1/4 cup of the mixture into a bowl and set aside, then pour ricotta and Parmesan into the food processor and pulse with remaining parsley-garlic mixture.
3. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
4. Reheat the olive oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the minced garlic and cook in hot oil for 1 minute, then stir in shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, or until shrimp curl and turn opaque. Then toss with the reserved 1/4 cup parsley and garlic.
5. Top each piece of bread with ricotta-garlic mixture, then pour some of the shrimp on top. Place on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Reference: Shrimp scampi french bread pizzas recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.