Shrimp and asparagus primavera recipe
Shrimp and Asparagus Primavera
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Here’s a great recipe perfect for a last-minute meal. Salad shrimp combined with asparagus give this recipe great flavor.
Ready in: 40 mins
- 2 (12 ounce) bags tri-color pasta
- 1 Vidalia onion, chopped fine
- 1 green pepper, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 16 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 10 thin asparagus spears
- Salt, crushed red pepper and oregano to taste
- 2 pounds salad shrimp, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30 mins
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare pasta according to directions on package.
3. In heavy pan, cook onion, green pepper and garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil until soft but still a little crisp, about 10 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook down on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add cream and stir to thicken. Add wine and simmer on low, stirring occasionally, while you cook the asparagus.
6. Meanwhile, toss asparagus with remaining olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper and oregano to taste. Spread on baking sheet in one layer.
7. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Chop into bite-sized pieces.
8. Toss cooked pasta with sauce, asparagus, olives and shrimp. Sprinkle with grated cheese to taste.
Reference: Shrimp and asparagus primavera recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.