Salmon en croute with watercress sauce recipe
Salmon en Croute with Watercress Sauce recipe
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and does not represent the final look of a dish.
- Pie crust dough, enough to make 2 crusts
- 1 pound canned salmon, well drained and flaked
- 1/2 can Chalet Suzanne Seafood Newburg Bisque
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons pickle relish, well drained
- 2 well beaten eggs
- 1 Tablespoon lemon rind
- 1/2 to 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 beaten egg yolk (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon water (optional)
- Ingredients for Watercress Sauce:
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 can Chalet SuzanneÂ® Watercress Soup
Roll pie crust dough on lightly floured board to an oblong, 14″ x 10″ (or crust can be shaped to resemble a fish). Place on cookie sheet. Mix all ingredients together, except egg yolk and water, and place the mixture on crust in a long roll, approximately 12 inches long. Close pastry around salmon roll, seal ends, and place seam side down. Make 3 small slits in top to allow steam to escape. Blend egg yolk and water, then brush entire crust with the mixture. Baked in preheated 425 degree oven for about 40 minutes, or until richly brown. Serve with Watercress Sauce.
Watercress Sauce:Melt butter in saucepan, then stir in flour until smooth. Blend in soup. Gently simmer until thickened.
Makes: 6 to 8 servings.
Reference: Salmon en croute with watercress sauce recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.