Rob’s real deal hurtin habanero salsa recipe
Rob’s Real Deal Hurtin’ Habanero Salsa
⚠ Note: for metric to imperial (or vice-versa) conversion please refer to our article on Cooking Measurements 101.
♼ Featured image is generic and may not represent the (final) appearance of a dish.
♼ Recipe origin is unknown.
Do yourself a flavor and throw out that store-bought stuff. This is the real deal, powered by lime juice, fresh cilantro, and habanero pepper. Respect the habanero–it can and will hurt you! I dump this stuff on nachos, smear it on pizza, fold it in my omlette, and put it in my chili. Legends are made when you add additional habanero peppers!
Ready in: 1 hour 10 mins
Makes: 1 quart
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with garlic, onion, and oregano
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup lime jiuce
- Salt, to taste
Prep: 10 mins
| Extra time: 1 hour, resting
1. Chop a handful of cilantro finely using scissors. Remove the stem from the habaneros and cut into quarters. Chop the onion into a fine dice.
2. Add all the ingredients (except salt) to a blender.
Be careful with habanero. A little goes a long way. Rookies should use only one quarter. For the chili heads throw the whole thing in. If you are stupid or have a cast iron mouth, add the other pepper!
3. Pulse the blender to your desired consistency. Add salt and additional lime juice to tasteTip
This stuff gets better and better after doing time in the fridge. But, it is still tasty after letting it rest at room temperature for an hour.
Reference: Rob’s real deal hurtin habanero salsa recipe
Recipe type: xarchivex
Find more recipes on thesmartcookiecook.com or see our latest posts.